Last October 9, 2013 Prime Lens Photography group was given the honor’s to witness the exclusive sneak preview of Marquee Mall’s THE BIG BITE “The Northern Food Festival” And it was one awesome experience where we were able to travel, dine and of course take photos of the different sumptuous food that were served.
What is Big Bite! all about?
MarQuee Mall will hold Big Bite! The Northern Food Festival from October 18-20, 2013 at the MarQuee Park, Angeles City as a special food and dining attraction this month. This will be the biggest culinary celebration of Luzon this year. Big Bite’s Food Market will have over 100 vendors representing Pampanga, Metro Manila, Baguio, Bataan, Bulacan, Cagayan, Ilocos, La Union, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Pangasinan and Zambales.
Over the course of three days this October, people will enjoy all the great offerings from all these provinces in just one destination. Big Bite! will be host to a number of exciting events like cooking demos, a cooking competition amongst culinary schools, the best heirloom recipe contest, food eating contests, food sampling and so much more.
Festival-goers to MarQuee Mall will find every delicious and tasty product that the participating regions have to offer. There will be native and traditional delicacies, an area for fresh produce, another for cooked and baked food. Big Bite! will showcase the best food concepts – visitors can find something for every taste, whether they are into sweet, savory, sour or spicy. Food for main courses, for appetizers and desserts – there will be something for any meal, whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or merienda. In Pampanga alone, we are sure to have many food products such as sisig, chicharon, halo-halo, ensaymada, and kakanin.
The cooking demonstrations will feature some of the Philippines’ culinary icons. Celebrity Chef Rolando Laudico, whose Bistro Filipino is a culinary landmark, will be onstage with Pampanga’s very own Mrs. Lillian Borromeo.
After his stint as judge for Junior MasterChef Pinoy edition, Chef Laudico has further grown his restaurant and catering business, the Chef Laudico Group.
Sabrina Artadi, the star of Sabrina’s Kitchen, will also be holding a cooking demo. This mother of two is also a former Bb. Pilipinas International, and has been called the Philippines’ Nigella Lawson. She has been cooking wonderful meals in a fun and easy manner that has earned her many fans.
Another celebrity chef and proud Pampanga native joining the event is Chef Sau del Rosario. Diners regularly enjoy his cooking skills as owner and chef of Le Bistro Vert.
Atching Lillian, who opened her ancestral home in Mexico, Pampanga for visitors to experience authentic Kapampangan cuisine, is a real treasure. She is also famous for her Pandecillo de San Nicolas, her San Nicolas cookies which are paired with chocolate de bartirol.
There will be a family heirloom recipe contest where people can share their favorite recipes handed down from different generations. Contest is open to legal residents of C.A.R, Region I, Region II and Region III. Entries will be entertained on Friday, October 18, 2013, 7:00AM –10:00 at the MarQuee Park. The best recipe wins P20,000! As for the big eaters, everyone is welcome to join the food eating contests at Big Bite! Festival-goers will also be delighted with live entertainment nightly.
Ten Reasons You Can’t Miss MarQuee Mall’s Big Bite!
1. It’s the largest Northern Food Festival ever. – There are over 100 food stalls offering everything from fresh produce, cooked food and baked treats. From the traditional to the unusual, dishes here cover every taste, every meal and then some.
2. It’s a food fiesta of regional cuisines in one location. – Aside from Pampanga, participants representing Bulacan, Ilocos, Baguio, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Zambales, Bataan, Pangasinan, Cagayan and La Union are bringing in regional favorites for this food-packed market.
3.It’s at the Philippines’ culinary center. – The Kapampangan can give a number of reasons why their province has been called the capital of the Filipino taste bud. Here’s a chance to discover this fact yourselves. Whether it’s because of the popularity of specialties like sisig, longganisa or tocino, or the Kapampangan’s much talked about kitchen prowess, or the wide variety of restaurants and eateries in this thriving province, Big Bite! is the festival that will set you straight on where to go for the best of Northern cuisine. Some of Pampanga’s famous participating food brands are Nathaniel’s, Kabigting’s Halo-Halo, Apag Marangle, Pampanga’s Best and Susie’s Cuisine.
4. It’s at MarQuee Mall. – The “it” place to be for shopping, dining and entertainment is just a quick turn from the North Luzon Expressway in Angeles City, Pampanga. Opened since 2009, MarQuee Mall is everybody’s favorite gathering place and easily accessible from Manila and other points of Luzon through NLEX.
5.Food legends will take the stage. – Chef Rolando Laudico, Junior MasterChef Pinoy Edition’s famous judge, has had diners gushing over Bistro Filipino’s traditional and modern Filipino cuisine. Chef Sau del Rosario, a proud son of Pampanga, has had Pinoys salivating since creating a unique decadent flavor for an ice cream line. Sabrina Artadi, beauty queen and star of TV’s Sabrina’s Kitchen, keeps it real and tasty on her show, now on its third season on Asian Food Channel. Mrs. Lillian Borromeo of the famous Kusina ni Atching Lillian, has been wowing visitors with authentic Kapampangan cuisine since she opened her ancestral home to visitors in the 1990s. These are just some of the icons who will heat up the stage in live cooking demos during the festival.
6. Big Banquet – So you’ve taken your fill, shopped for foodie pasalubong, and taken in the sights, smells, tastes and sounds of the festival. But there is more to enjoy for every visitor with a P500 receipt from MarQuee Mall. Every day from 6:00-8:00PM, the P500 receipt entitles you to some delectable treats in a wide selection of stalls across the festival. Get a free sample here and there to get more from Big Bite!.
7. Cheer on your favorite culinary school. – From the classroom to the kitchen, it’s a battle royale among culinary schools in Big Bite!. Philippine Women’s University, System’s Plus College, Angeles University Foundation, NorthPoint Culinary Academy and Bulacan State University will go head to head in an unforgettable cooking competition every day from 3:00-5:00PM. In three days of competition, find out which school will be crowned the first Big Bite! Culinary Cook Off champion.
8. Sharing heirloom recipes. - Your grandparents’ classic recipes may just be on tomorrow’s favorite plate. Kitchen enthusiasts can share their treasured recipes handed down from generations for everyone to try. Learn the special strokes, spices and techniques that can turn the old dish to something truly memorable. The best recipe will win P20,000!
9. Eating contests! – What would a food festival be without a food eating contest? Think you can finish off, say, a bilao of kakanin? How many large glasses of halo-halo without getting brain freeze? Big eaters are welcome and wanted at Big Bite!.
10. Live entertainment – Good food and great entertainment go together. Big Bite! features nightly music from live bands. Enjoy a stroll around the food market or have a seat and dine to the sounds of your favorite tunes.
MarQuee Mall’s Big Bite! The Northern Food Festival is staged in partnership with the Department of Tourism, Department of Trade and Industry, Manila North Tollways Corporation, Asian Food Channel, Cignal Digital TV, and Mercato Centrale Group.
You can also go to the followings links for more photos from Prime Lens Photography Members that will make your mouth water!
1. Donn Delica : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.582681121779146.1073741846.227152567332005&type=1
2. Dennis Nocom : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.609392535770881.1073741846.203881536321985&type=1
3. Roy Robles Eusebio: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.535215799889888.1073742053.453253048086164&type=1
4. Manlalakbay: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202183325561800.1073741893.1148995059&type=3
5. Janeth Nitoral: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.609555222421333.1073741852.100001005830313&type=3
6. Alvin Hipolito : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201486270071778.1073741844.1626891456&type=1